Rules and Regulations of the Association
- a) Interpretation: In these rules and regulations unless there may be anything in the subject or context inconsistent there with:-
- 1. The association means “CHENNAI VAZH MADURAI-VIRUDHU NAGAR DISTRICT REDDY NALA SANGAM”.
- The members mean the members of the association for the time being.
- The “President” and the “Secretary” means those respective office bearers of the association for the time being.
- The “Annual General Meeting (AGM)” and “Special General Meetings (SGM)” as are convened and held only under rules of the association in force.
- The meeting means all the meetings other than annual and special general meetings of the association.
- A “resolution” means the resolution of the association duly passed and adopted.
- The “Seal” means the seal of the association.
- The “Year” means the official year of the association from 1st January to the 31st December of the particular year.
- The “Members” means all categories of members of the association duly admitted by the association.
- b) Membership:
All persons and having native of Madurai, Virudhunagar and integrated Dindigul Districts of Tamil Nadu who lives in Chennai and above 21 years of age and who subscribe to the objects of the association are eligible to be the members of the association only after the approval by the executive committee and on their payment of the prescribed fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two hundred only) per annum. However it is open to Reddys belongs to other District also if they are willing to join in this Association.
- c) Clauses of membership and fees:
Life Member: Any individuals from the community in respect of the Madurai, Virudhunagar and integrated Dindigul Districts of Tamil Nadu may be admitted after approval of the executive committee. He/she shall pay a onetime fee of Rs. 5, 000/- (Rupees Five thousand only) and shall receive invitations to all meetings/functions of the association and is entitled to exercise one vote at the AGM/SGM as the case may be. The life members are eligible to contest for the various offices of the association.
Associate Member: Any individuals working for the welfare and uplift of the community in respect of the Madurai, Virudhunagar and integrated Dindigul Districts or from any other Districts of Tamil Nadu may be admitted after approval of the executive committee. He/she shall pay a onetime fee of Rs. 3, 000/- (Rupees Three thousand only) and shall receive invitation to all meetings and programmes of the Association. But he/she is not entitled to vote or contest any election of the association.
Honorary Fellows/Members: Any individual from Madurai, Virudhunagar and integrated Dindigul Districts of Tamil Nadu, or any other individual belongs to Reddy community residing in India or Abroad who has made significant contribution for the welfare and uplift of the community may be admitted on the recommendations of the Executive committee. He/she shall enjoy all privileges of a life member except for voting and right and to contest for election. They shall not pay any fees and are admitted free of any charges/cost.
- d) Register of Members:
The Association shall maintain at its office a register of its members and shall enter therein within 15 days after the admission of a member or the cessation of the membership, as the case may be, the following particulars.
- Name and Address of the member in the prescribed membership form (including phone, fax and E-mail wherever available).
- The date on which the member was admitted.
- The date on which the member ceased to be such member.
- e) Rights of Members:
- Each life member (individual) shall have one vote at every meeting. However, voting by proxy is strictly not allowed.
- All members of the association shall be entitled to participate in the meetings, functions and gatherings of the association.
- All the members of the association shall have right to inspect the book of the accounts, book containing minutes of proceedings of General meetings and the register of the members of the association on any working day during business hours by giving reasonable advance notice.
- The rules and regulations and/or bylaws, which may be framed, shall bind all member of the association, from time to time.
- The services of the association and its resultant benefits shall be opened to all its members, irrespective of religion, caste or creed.
- f) Association Year:
The year of the association including all its branches for financial and functioning purposes shall be from the 1st January of that year to 31st December.
- g) Executive Committee:
- The general control, management and direction of the policy and affairs of the association shall be vested in a body styled as “Executive Committee” at the Headquarters level.
- This committee shall consist of following members who shall be elected from among the members present at the Annual General Meeting held every year ordinarily in February.
President : 1(One)
Vice-President : 1(One)
Secretary : 1(One)
Joint-Secretary : 1(One)
Treasurer : 1(One)
Executive Committee : 9 (Nine)
Youth wing : 2 (Two)
Women’s wing : 3 (Three)
Matrimony service : 2 (Two)
They shall hold the offices for a term of two years maximum and after the expiry of which the executive committee shall be freshly constituted from among the members. However, existing executive committee members shall be eligible for re-election.
- All the persons shall hold the office purely on honorary basis and without any remuneration except for TA/DA/incidentals as admissible as approved by the committee for meetings subject to availability of funds and prior approval by the Executive Committee.
- h) Proceeding of the Executive Committee:
- The executive committee shall meet at least once in every alternative months of a year. Other meetings may be held either upon the advice of the President or request of at least five members of the executive committee.
- The quorum of the meeting of the Executive committee shall be five members present in person.
- If within half-an-hour of the time appointed for a meeting quorum is not constituted, the meeting shall stand adjourned for half-an-hour at the same time and place, and if at the meeting a quorum is still not constituted, within half-an-hour appointed for the meeting the members present shall constitute a quorum.
- The absence, without leave of any members of the Executive committee for 2(Two) consecutive meetings and/or for a continuous period of 6 months whichever is more, shall entitle the executive committee to remove such member from the executive committee.
- The Executive committee may pass a resolution by circulation. Such resolution passed whether by majority or unanimously by circulation amongst the members of executive committee shall be equally valid and shall be construed as passed at a meeting duly called and convened for the purpose and such resolution shall be entered by the Secretary in the minute books of the meetings of the executive committee.
- i) Powers of the Executive Committee:
- To ensure and promote the aims and objects of the association
- To ensure that all money transactions are held properly
- To ensure utilization of funds towards promoting objects of the association
- To decide on the expulsion of a member in case he/she is convicted of any criminal offence or found unsound mind or persistently contravening the rules and regulations of the association.
- To raise funds by donation, grant or gift etc to fulfill the objects.
- To appoint a sub-committee/expert group etc., with such powers as deemed fit and said committee may co-opt from among the members of the association.
- To invite/co-opt not more than two specialists/experts in the area of community development who may be non-members of the association whose counsel is considered useful to the association.
- Shall arrange for the publication of handouts, brochure, journal, documents etc., as may be considered fit in the furtherance of its objects.
- To appoint the personnel of the association, determine their remuneration, salaries and other service conditions and also to terminate their services, dismissal or otherwise and take disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Open and operate bank accounts, deposit, withdraw or invest funds, issue accept, sign, endorse and deliver cheques, drafts, letters of credit, and in general any other negotiable instrument. Such banking account (s) as and when opened shall be operated by the President-Treasurer, or Secretary-Treasurer (after a note approved by the President) and Treasurer being common.
- Decide on the establishment of branch offices of the association.
- Decide on any, every matters pertaining to or in connection with the administration of the association and the successful pursuance of aims and objects.
- In the event of any office bearer laying down office for whatever reasons, the executive committee can co-opt any member considered suitable for the office for the remaining period of the tenure or till the next elections are held.
- j) Executive powers of the Office-bearers:
The administration and management of the association shall vest in the Executive Committee and primarily with the following office bearer’s viz. President, Vice-President, Secretary, Joint-Secretary, and Treasurer who are elected at the Annual General Body Meeting.
He/she shall be in overall charge of the association and preside over Annual General Body Meeting and other meetings. All the policies, programmes and actions shall be formulated and implemented only through him/her.
The ruling of the President at the Executive Committee and Annual General Body Meeting shall be final and binding on all questions raised.
The President in case of emergency may exercise all the powers and perform all the functions required to be exercised and performed under the rules and regulations by the executive committee provided that all the actions taken by the President shall be placed before the next Executive Committee/Annual General Body Meeting/special General Body Meeting for approval.
In all matters to be decided by at simple majority in General meetings, casting vote of the President shall prevail in case of equality of votes.
The President shall preside over every meeting of Executive Committee/Annual General Body Meeting/Special General Body Meeting; to regulate the proceedings of the meetings, interpret rules and decide doubtful points.
In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall discharge all the duties and responsibilities of the President. He may exercise any other function, which is assigned by the Executive Committee of President.
He/she shall be in charge of all executive work of the association. He shall act under the guidance, supervision and advice from the President and Executive Committee.
In charge of the office of the association with all its records papers and files Shall call for all meetings of the executive Committee/Annual General Body Meeting/Special General Body Meeting as per rules and regulations with the approval of the President and maintain the minutes book and record of all the proceedings of the meetings.
To look after all correspondence relating to association including issue of notices for Executive Committee, Annual General Body Meeting and Special General Body Meeting.
To oversee and sign all vouchers/bills of expenses of association before payment by the treasurer
Joint-Secretary ordinarily shall assist the Secretary as and when required and in his absence, he/she perform the duties of Secretary and other responsibilities entrusted by the Executive Committee/President/Vice-President.
Treasurer shall keep all accounts and ledgers of the association.
To operate the bank account(s) with the President or Secretary as decided by the Executive Committee;
Shall receive all subscriptions, donations, grants etc., in cheques/drafts and record the receipts in the book/ledger maintained for the purpose.
Shall arrange for the investment of surplus assets/income as approved by the Executive Committee in conjunction with the Secretary;
To submit all books and papers relating to receipts and expenditures, cash books, bank pass books, etc., to the Secretary/President once in a month or even earlier for scrutiny and signature;
To prepare yearly accounts of receipts and expenditures and have the same audited by an auditor approved by the Executive Committee and place it before Executive committee and Annual General Body Meeting/Special General Body Meeting for ratification.
To maintain a contingency cash of Rs. 500/- or such amount as may be decided by the Executive Committee/President and Secretary.
All the above office bearers of the executive committee shall hold their office for a maximum of two years (one-term) period. However, they are eligible for contesting again by election for another term of two years.
There shall be a conference of the association every year ordinarily in July or as the executive committee may decide, under the auspices of the association. The members of the Association shall have the privilege of inviting and organizing the conference. The place, date, duration, time of the conference shall be decided by the Executive Committee or the Annual General Body Meeting/Special General Body Meeting as appropriate/suitable and acceptable.
The elections to office bearers of the Executive Committee shall ordinarily be held at the Annual Conference.
The Secretary shall ordinarily be the returning officer of the elections unless he/she is contesting the elections, then the President may appoint a non-contesting consenting member as Returning Officer. The returning officer shall invite nominations from members for the various offices at least two months before the Conference/Annual General Body Meeting and notify the same to all members. In the event of a contest becoming necessary the returning officer shall make all arrangements at Annual General Body Meeting for secret ballot polling and following counting of votes polled declare the results on the same day under the seal and signature of the President, Secretary and the Returning Officer.
Similarly in the non-election year nominations may be invited by the Secretary from among the members of the association for any vacant post(s) of office bearers and if required of any contest at the Conference Annual General Body Meeting arrangements for secret ballot polling shall be made and results declared the same day.
A vote shall be cast in person by a member physically present at the Annual General Body Meeting and under whatsoever circumstances voting by proxy will not be allowed.
General Body Meeting and Special General body (SGM) Meeting:
The Association shall hold every year a General Body Meeting called the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at which the report of the management the Association for the year together with an audit copy of the accounts shall be presented by the Secretary and Treasurer respectively for approval.
The first Annual General Meeting shall be held within eighteen months of functioning of the association. The next Annual General Meeting shall be held within nine months of after the expiry of the year in which the 1st Annual General Meeting was held and thereafter an AGM shall be held within nine months after the expiry of each year.
A Special General Body Meeting (SGM) may be convened at any time of on the requisition of the President of Secretary or on the requisition of not less than one-tenth of the total members of the association entitled to vote, who shall state in writing the business for which they wish the meeting to be convened and the general body shall within twenty one days from the date of receipt of the requisition proceed duly to call a meeting for the consideration of the business on a day not later than forty days from the date of receipt of the requisition.
Annual General Body Meeting (AGM):
The Annual General Body Meeting shall ordinarily be held in July every year during the conference of the Association. Necessary notice shall be issued 21 days in advance by Secretary. The notice shall be in Tamil/English mentioning the date, time and place and the agenda of the meeting.
The business of the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) shall be to consider the annual report of the Secretary.
To consider and to pass the audited accounts of receipts and expenditure for the previous year;
To elect the new members and office bearers of the new Executive committee in the election year and to fill up any vacancies arising during the non-election year;
To consider any other matter brought before the meeting either by any office bearer or by any member present at the meeting concerning the management and welfare of the Association.
Quorum – One-fifth (1/5) of total members of the Association present in any Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) shall form the quorum.
The decision of the Annual General Body Meeting including the election of new executive committee of office bearers shall be taken by secret ballot.
The Annual General Body Meeting shall be preside over by the President and in his absence the Vice – President or in his absence the members present shall elect from amongst them a President for the meeting. The decision of the meeting shall be recorded in minute’s book, a special book maintained for the purpose by Secretary duly signed by the President of the meeting.
All members of the Association can attend and take part in the deliberations. But the voting rights shall be restricted to members (individuals) personally present in the meeting.
Business at the meeting shall ordinarily be transacted in the following order:
- Reading of Notice of the meeting.
- Messages of inability to attend, if any
- Condolence messages, if any.
- Adoption of the Secretary’s report
- Adoption of the audited accounts
- Consideration of the budget for the ensuing year
- Appointment of an auditor
- Amendment to rules, if any
- Any other business with the permission of the President
Validity of Proceedings:
The proceedings of the meeting of the General body, Executive committee or any committee acting under the rules and regulations of the Association shall not be invalidated by any accidental omission to give any notice hereby required or by any vacancy among its members or by any defect in the election or qualification of any members.
Whereby or under the rules and regulations or a thing is required to be done by the Association, the same to be done by such office bearer, officers or members of the association as the executive committee may appoint for the purpose.
Amendment to memorandum, rules and regulations:
Proposal for change in the memorandum, rules and regulations of the Association as and when necessary shall ordinarily be considered at the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) of the Association. The proposed alteration must reach the Headquarters of the Association Viz. President, at least two months before the date of the meeting and shall be circulated to all the members/branches for opinion at least One month before the date of the meeting. The notice of the proposed change must be given in the agenda of the meeting. No such proposed shall be carried into effect unless it is agreed to by three-fourths of the members present at a subsequent meeting convened for the purpose. (The notice shall mean that the actual word for the proposed alteration shall be included in the agenda of the meeting).
Where ever rules and regulations of the association do not exist or are conflicting the Association shall be guided by the decisions of the executive committee meeting convened for the purpose.